Activity and Hire Booking Details, Conditions and Safety
- RISK STATEMENT
It must be recognised that while watersports have a good safety record, they are hazardous and unpredictable by nature and therefore inherently involve an element of risk. By taking part in the activities, you agree and acknowledge that:
- You are aware of the inherent element of risk involved in the sport and you accept responsibility for exposing yourself to such inherent risk whilst taking part;
- You will comply at all times with the instructions of instructors particularly with regard to instructions for launching and recovering kit (as relevant), handling equipment and wearing of buoyancy aids;
- You accept responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to the extent caused by your own negligence;
- You will not participate in activities if your ability to participate is impaired by alcohol, drugs or if you are otherwise unfit to participate;
- You will inform the instructors if there have been any changes to the information previously provided at the time of the session.
It must be recognised that at Polkerris Beach Co Ltd we are doing our utmost to provide a clean and safe environment for our customers and team, in light of the current pandemic you agree and acknowledge that Polkerris Beach can not be held responsible in case of infection.
For the safety of yourself and others we ask that you do the following:
- Complete all paperwork via the online booking system and through confirmation email prior to the session date.
- Act responsibly and take required action to exercise social distancing during all watersports activities and be respectful of other beach users and instructors. Anyone deliberately disregarding social distancing guidelines with be excluded from the session
Covid related cancellation
In the interest of safety you must NOT attend your hire/lesson/course if you or anyone in your household have been contacted by track and trace or have got covid symptoms and are self isolating, including recent onset of any of the following:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
In the event of a cancellation due to covid related medical concerns we would be extremely grateful if you can contact us as soon as possible. In this instance we are happy to issue either a full refund or gift voucher valid for 2 years.
You understand that Polkerris Beach Company Ltd may cancel or postpone activities at any stage in the event of bad weather, equipment failure or otherwise. In this event, we will offer alternative session dates or a full refund where applicable.
You understand that in the event that you wish to cancel, notice must be received 7 days prior to session/course date. A cancellation fee of £20 will be charged. There will be no refund for cancellations within 7 days of the session date or if you do not arrive for the session/course. If you have to postpone your booking, we will try and arrange an alternative date but reserve the right to charge a late notice fee.
- MEDICAL INFORMATION AND IMPAIRMENTS
In the interest of your safety, you must ensure that you provide details of any medical conditions, or physical or mental impairments that instructors need to be aware of that may affect the ability of yourself or members of your group to take part in the sessions/courses. This information will only be used for the purpose of safely running sessions.
You understand that Polkerris Beach Company Ltd may exclude anyone from a particular session and evict anyone from the premises who refuses to comply with these Booking Terms or who misconducts themselves in any way or who causes damage or annoyance to other persons.
- HIRE OPERATING AREA
You will be briefed on the operating area for hire. If you stray from the area you will be asked to return without delay. Your rental will be terminated immediately without refund if you do not comply.
- DATA PROTECTION